Thursday, December 8, 2011

IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE by Tony Manley


“It’s a Christmas Miracle!”

I have been saying those words playfully during this time of year whenever something goes well for me!  If I find my keys or the remote, when a student understands a new concept, when my hair doesn’t frizz and grow bigger, or if a recipe comes out well, I can be heard saying, “It’s a Christmas Miracle!” See, it doesn’t take a lot for me to be amazed!!! I know I have heard that line from somewhere, but I can’t remember who said it or where it is from, but I love it! 

I can tell you the Holy Spirit has been using the real Christmas Miracle – Jesus – in my heart!  Let me explain.  This will be my first Christmas without any of my children coming to me, and there are no family meals or gatherings planned at my home. I know this sounds dismal and lest you feel sorry for me, I had the most over the top Thanksgiving with my complete family!  I experienced the “all” of Christmas with busyness, emotion, and preparation.

Now as I begin preparing my heart for the Christmas holidays (two weeks at home), the Holy Spirit has been consistently asking me, “What do you think a Christmas miracle really is?”  This is the beginning of a wonderful revealing of what we (the Holy Spirit and I) will be discussing as He leads my heart…

A Christmas Miracle is:
1. A unified relationship – I must learn that unity is a miracle when two people have sin natures!  The indwelling Holy Spirit equips me to have unity with other believers.  I know that when I am free of unforgiveness and full of grace and love, it is a Christmas Miracle – Jesus!
2. A restored heart – I must acknowledge when my heart is broken and in need of being “refinished.”  I am always amazed at the talent of people who can take an ugly and seemingly valueless piece of wood and “restore” it into a beautiful piece.  My Christmas Miracle does that to me when I offer Him the freedom to work in the ugly and broken places I have left unattended.  When my heart is attentive and responsive to Him, it is a Christmas Miracle!
3. A refreshed heart – I can become so weary in the dailyness of life and the busyness of holidays that I lose my sense of refreshment with the Lord!  It is a Christmas Miracle when I let Him be my strength and joy versus depending on my emotions, events, or circumstances!
4. A repentant heart – I must call my sin what it is - sin!  My heart can only experience the full Christmas Miracle when it is clean.  As I seek to be more like my Christmas Miracle, the Light of the World, He shines on my heart and sin is magnified.  But the love and forgiveness He offers is a miracle!  A clean and repentant heart is a Christmas Miracle!

I am looking forward to the best (and probably a very different) Christmas than I have ever had!  One rich with Christmas Miracles!  My prayer for all of us is to whisper (or shout!), “It’s a Christmas Miracle” every time the Holy Spirit is greater than ourselves!!




No comments:

Post a Comment