Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DISCOVERING YOUR STYLE by Stacy McSpadden

Enjoying Christmas Cards

As you can see, I am taking a break from "Making Your House a Home" posts to focus on how we can enjoy our homes during the Holiday Season.  One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is Christmas cards.  I always look forward to Mr. Stanley or Mrs. Nancy bringing me a stack of cards from Missions Post Office at church.  It is so fun to see all those cute pictures of different families and the sweet notes that people take time to write each year.  But in the enjoyment of all these well wishes, I am always puzzled as to the best way to display these Christmas jewels.  I purchased a wire Christmas tree card holder a few years ago, but it didn't seem to do the trick, so then I started taping them around the door facings in my kitchen, but they tended to fall off the wall.  I went to my trusty friend, Pinterest, and found some great ideas for displaying Christmas cards.  I love to see those precious faces in those cards, and the following photos give us some great and SIMPLE ideas!


This is a little more elaborate than I might attempt, but I love the idea of hanging fun ribbon over a door and attaching the cards so that you can see everything.  You can purchase really fun ribbon at any craft store or Sam's.




This is from Martha Stewart.  This is sooooo simple.  Take a large embroidery hoop (which can be found at a craft store or Hancock's Fabrics) and clip the cards on clothespins around the hoop.  I am thinking that I may go this route this year.



This is what I have done in the past, but this has a little kick to it.  Go "green" with some fresh pine or any kind of evergreen that you can put your hands on and attach it to your door facing.  Then tape your cards around the facing.  I would suggest doing this on an open doorway that you don't go in and out of a whole lot because those cards tend to want to come un-taped with too much traffic.



If you have a banister and you decorate it with garland, attach some cute ribbon to each card and hang it from the garland.  Super cute and super easy!



And last, but not least.  Gather some branches from a tree in your yard and place them in a big urn.  Take ribbon or clothespins and attach the cards to the branches.  This also comes from Martha Stewart. Super cute, easy, and inexpensive.

Don't forget about the Christmas Post Office at church.  The proceeds go to our annual Mission's Offering.  Mr. Stanley and Mrs. Nancy Hughes have faithfully run this post office for many years now, and I personally would rather see my money go to support those who are carrying out the Great Commission into our world!

I would love to see how you display your cards.  Email me pics of your displays to stacy@chestnuthall.com.  Happy Christmas Card decorating!!!


Stacy McSpadden







Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515
stacy@chestnuthall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment