Wednesday, December 7, 2011

ADVENT WITH CHILDREN by Candice Duffy

Day 6
Mary and Elizabeth


Today we read Luke 1:39-45. Elizabeth visits Mary, and they spend time together rejoicing in the fact that they are both pregnant. They are also very excited about what God is going to do through their sons. Elizabeth's baby jumps for joy when she goes into Mary's home.

We talked about when I was pregnant with each of my children. I was so excited each of them was joining our family. We talked about how I could feel them move in my belly much like Elizabeth felt her son jump for joy inside her belly. I reminded them that each of them was a special gift from God. There was no better feeling in the world than knowing they were growing healthy and strong! Of course, as we talked about all this, someone HAD to ask, "How do babies come out?" I mean, we're only 6 days into our 24 and I've already had to field the virgin talk AND the birth process. REALLY?? Who knew the Christmas story could initiate the birds and the bees talk! And just to answer the question you all are wondering right now...No, I didn't have the talk!  I completely dodged it by telling them God takes care of the mommy by allowing the doctor to know just what to do.  Then in my most enthusiastic voice possible, I said, "Let's use the pop dots to put the belly on Mary!!!!!" It worked.  Conversation avoided.  Whew!






No comments:

Post a Comment