Monday, November 4, 2013

WORD FOR THE WEEK


And give thanks for everything to God the Father 
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
Eph. 5:20

Every year during the month of November, I see people make daily posts, thanking God for specific blessings in their lives. Most of these posts are for the good things God has given them. 

Now, please don't misunderstand me. I'm not bashing these people or the fact that they are thanking God publicly for His goodness to them. We certainly need more of that, and I'm encouraged in my faith every time I read their posts.

I'm just suggesting that we might also do a really difficult thing: thank God for the hard things we've endured...or are perhaps still struggling through. Too hard to do? Maybe that's why it's called a "sacrifice" of praise.

Give thanks in all circumstances, 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
I Thessalonians 5:18

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise... Hebrews 13:15



No comments:

Post a Comment