Wednesday, November 27, 2013

RELINQUISHING RIGHTS by Tony Manley


A thank-filled heart is a heart that is actively relinquishing rights. 

A thank-filled heart knows there is only one Lord – and it isn’t me!

Relinquishing means “the ongoing act of voluntarily ceasing to keep or claim; to give up, hand over, let go of, yield, surrender, abandon…”

Scripture screams of the fruit that is produced in the act of dying to self and serving, esteeming others better than myself (Phil. 2:3-4).  The joy of Christ increasing and me decreasing (John 3:30) is the path to peace and contentment. But to be the recipient of a John 3:16 love which bestows the position of John 1:12 – “Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, HE GAVE THE RIGHT to become children of God” is a gift that evokes a gratitude and rest that I am fully right with the Father. I enjoy the rights of being His daughter. Why on earth would I want to cling to my fleshly birth rights?

Thanks giving releases me to be free, fragrant, fresh, and fruitful. 

Thanks giving keeps me in a “face to the ground” humble and full of worship posture.  

Thanks giving is a magnet- it attracts others to the character of God and it repels sin. 

I do so love the November calendar. But more than the calendar, I want a heart of thanks giving or as my husband says “a lifestyle of thanks giving.”

“From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.” John 1:17





No comments:

Post a Comment