Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I BELIEVE, I SPEAK, I'M THANKFUL by Lynda Leeson

As Thanksgiving approaches, perhaps it would be a good thing to focus on verses that tell us to be thankful. This is one woman's perspective on a particular passage of Scripture. What is your perspective on this passage?


II Corinthians 4:13-18
New King James Version (NKJV)

13 And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,”[a] we also believe and therefore speak, 

14 knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. 

15 For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 

18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.


The "Leeson" translation reads this way...Because we have the spirit of faith (Ephesians 2:8) we believe and therefore we speak (Psalm 118:17) so that thanksgiving may abound to the glory of God. 

Verse 16 goes on to say that we do not lose heart even though our outward man is perishing...but our inner man (Ephesians 3:16) is being renewed daily by the Holy Spirit indwelling our innermost being and personality.  That's a big "praise the Lord!!!"

Verses 17-18 address the afflictions and cares we daily experience but quickly remind us that they are fleeting and temporary and working for us...that's got to take you to James 1:2-4.  That "work" will produce patience, endurance, and steadfastness if you let it.

You know I can't end without referencing a song...

"Through It All"  by Andrae Crouch

Verse 1
I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow,
there's been times I didn't know right from wrong.
But in every situation,
God gave me blessed consolation,
that my trials come to only make me strong.

Chorus
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God.

Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.

Verse 2
I've been to lots of places,
I've seen a lot of faces,
there's been times I felt so all alone.
But in my lonely hours,
yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus lets me know that I was His own

Chorus

Verse 3
I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I'd never had a problem,
I wouldn't know God could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do

Chorus
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God.

Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIxwc90BEI&feature=player_embedded




No comments:

Post a Comment