Monday, November 25, 2013

LET'S DANCE by Paula Roten

As Thanksgiving approaches, perhaps it would be a good thing to focus on verses that tell us to be thankful. This is one woman's perspective on a particular passage of Scripture. What is your perspective on this passage?

You did it: you changed wild lament into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band 
and decked me with wildflowers.
I'm about to burst with song;
I can't keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
I can't thank you enough.
Psalm 30:11-12 MSG

I love the contrast of moods in this Psalm. If I didn't know better, I'd say David was a woman! He goes from unrestrained mourning to utter giddiness about something in his life. Something he gives God credit for doing. 

Have you been in the mourning phase? Grieving over a loved one's death, a job loss, a sickness, a move, or the loss of a desire/dream you had? Of course, everyone experiences these lows of life. 

But we have also come out on the other side of some of these lows. I want to be sure I give credit to the One Who "ripped off my mourning band and decked me with wildflowers." 

Still in the mourning phase? Remember, "Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5) Grieving doesn't last forever. God will bring you through this, and you will feel happy again. 

And when you do...let's dance!




No comments:

Post a Comment