Friday, May 31, 2013

STILL UNGLUED! by Tony Manley


I finally finished the book Unglued, and I will now go back and make it a study for the head and heart!!! Can I say powerful and potent to my soul?! Of all the wonderful things I could spew out about the truths of this wonderful and messy (I love messy people, after all, “it takes one to know one”) author, I am choosing to focus on one word – RAW. The subtitle to the book is “making wise choices in the midst of RAW emotions.”

Raw – the definition is - uncooked; in its natural state; not yet processed or purified;  “raw silk”  “raw sewage”   
Synonyms – crude, green, rough

Based on the definition of the word raw, the subtitle could read “making wise choices in the midst of uncooked, natural state, not yet processed or purified emotions.”  Wow, does that sum up the heart without the treatment plant or needed fire of the Word? To get something purified, there must be a filter and to get something cooked there must be fire. I love this thought process and truth! If I know anything about myself, it is I love any teaching, truth, principle about the heart. Maybe it is because I have such an intense battle to have a “cooked” and “purified” heart like Jesus. I know when God says, “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life,” (Prov. 4:23) He knows the raw heart is uncooked and unpurified. To choose wisely in the midst of fear, anger, hurt, loneliness, temptation, entitlement, etc., I must be “cooked” and “purified!”

This is my mission – to have a heart that is so washed and ready in the Word, that when my raw, emotional heart is startled and awakened unexpectedly, that raw sewage and raw meat (that sure will make the stomach sick) are not what I stuff into my heart or what I spew all over the bystander.

Father, cook me and purify me to the degree I become tasteful and pure like Jesus.  Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment