Wednesday, May 8, 2013

GOD IS PRO-LIFE by Tony Manley


The word “Pro-Life” is a word associated with the abortion world. Sadly, in our culture it is a controversial and stigmatizing word. But I know through my relationship with Christ, pro-life is more than the origin of physical conception and what I believe about this issue. Just to be clear, I do believe God is the author of all life – Ps. 139:13 “For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb.” Col. 1:16 “For by Him all things were created:…” 

With all that said, I am getting so excited about the Bible Study on Deuteronomy on Monday nights from 6:00-8:00! Y’all come! I understand it will be more of a class/lecture series on the book and the meal beforehand will be marvelous (there are some really good cooks in this body☺). So, I decided to read and get familiar with the book. There is much, and I do mean much to gain from just the first chapters, but the Holy Spirit has placed a recurring phrase from the book on my heart already!

Ch. 4:1  “SO THAT you may live…”

Ch. 4: 40 “SO THAT it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long.”

Ch. 5: 16 “SO THAT you may live long…”

Ch. 5:33 “SO THAT you may live and prosper and prolong your days

Ch. 6: 2 “SO THAT you may enjoy long life…”

Ch. 6:24 “SO THAT we might always prosper and be kept alive…”

Ch. 10:12-13  “And now, __________, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.”

John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I HAVE COME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE, AND HAVE IT TO THE FULL.”

There you have it! God is for life – eternal life, abundant life, safe life, prosperous life - life with a capital L! And these few references are just a sampling of His heart about life! With each reference to life, He is careful to give us guidance about how to achieve the quality of life He desires for each life He personally knit together. 

Life is good. Another catchy phrase used in our culture, but a very real truth to my heart. Life in Christ and life lived in the truth of God’s Word is good. 

Father, You are life, You are good, You are fulfilling, You are faithful, You are all in all. May I live You in a way that draws others to life in You. Amen

Deuteronomy speaks to the “so thats” God has for each life. Y’all come this summer “so that” we can experience life together!

Summer Bible Study
Monday Nights - 6 wks.
June 10 - July 15
6:00-8:00
The Law of Love:
Lessons from the Pages of Deuteronomy
videos by Beth Moore

themed potluck meal each week

Sign up at the Ministry Table






No comments:

Post a Comment