Wednesday, May 22, 2013

HOT TEA OR RASPBERRY LEMONADE?

We served Earl Grey hot tea and cold Raspberry Lemonade at the Refresh Spring Tea a few weeks ago. Many had never had hot tea before and wondered what kind it was. It was my favorite, Earl Grey.

I am not a "proper" tea drinker because I take the easy way out and use tea bags. 

Earl Grey Hot Tea
1. Fill a coffee pot (from a Mr. Coffee-like maker) up to the 12 cup mark with water and then pour into the water reservoir.**
2. Be sure to check to make sure the coffee grounds from brewing coffee have been removed. Please don't ask me how I know this. 
3. Put 2 Earl Grey tea bags in the bottom of the coffee pot (not the area where you would normally put coffee grounds, but the actual pot).
4. Turn on the coffee maker and let water drip into the pot. Let steep several minutes. (I have left the teabags in several hours with no ill effects. See? I told you I wasn't proper :)

**A 12 cup coffee pot holds only about 7 measuring cups of water.


Raspberry Lemonade
1 sleeve of Crystal Lite Raspberry Lemonade
2 qts. (8 cups) Sprite or Ginger Ale

You make this according to the directions on the back of the package, except you substitute Sprite or Ginger Ale for the water. 



No comments:

Post a Comment