Thursday, August 15, 2013

SURVIVING THE STORMS OF LIFE by Vicki Taylor


I know I have been under the radar lately, but honestly, I have just been surviving. And to quote one of my favorite authors Susan Lenzkes from her book No Rain, No Gain, “Menacing storms have been lined up on the horizon of my life like a fleet of planes in a relentless landing pattern. And I can see absolutely no spiritual progress, no purpose, no good, no gain. And from where I am standing it is impossible to see what God is doing beneath the surface and beyond the moment.”  

I am in survival mode. There is enough going on in my family circle alone to keep me under until spring. I now know why Punxsutawney Phil only sticks his head out once a year. It’s safer that way. Safe sounds good. I want safe. I’m tired, I’m weary, I’m wounded, and I need relief.  

Thank goodness, God does not leave us in our grief and weariness. He gently nudges us out and reminds us that in His time, whatever He does will always turn out to be good because HE is good. He also reminded me that with eyes of faith I can see beneath my problems to His work within me and beyond them to the joy set before me (Hebrews 12:2)… the joy set before all of us who endure. I can endure because Christ endured for me. You see, we are not alone in our suffering, grief or weariness. He is with us. Sometimes I just need to look beyond the moment…

I’ll leave you with I Corinthians 13:12 from the Message…“We don’t yet see things clearly. We are squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing Him directly just as He knows us!”





No comments:

Post a Comment