Tuesday, August 6, 2013
SUMMERTIME SPAGHETTI RECIPE by Brenda Riden
Too hot to turn on the oven? Make a light dinner in minutes using the microwave!
Summertime Spaghetti Recipe
12 oz. uncooked thin spaghetti noodles
2 cans (14.5 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 3 1/2 cups)
1 cup grape tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh parsley
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
1 cup small broccoli florets
1. Zest lemons using Microplane® Zester to measure 1 tbsp; set aside. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/4 cup.
2. Break noodles in half. Combine noodles, broth and lemon juice in Deep Covered Baker.
3. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11-13 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring once halfway through cooking using Chef's Tongs.
4. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise using Color Coated Tomato Knife. Grate Parmesan using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater.
5. Process garlic, Parmesan, parsley, zest, oil and pepper in Manual Food Processor until parsley is finely chopped.
6. Carefully remove baker from microwave using Microwave Grips. Add Parmesan mixture to baker; mix well using Chef'sTongs.
7. Stir in tomatoes, chicken and broccoli. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
Nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 440 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 26 g
Cook's Tip: To get diced cooked chicken breasts, you can either buy pre-packaged fully cooked chicken breast strips or you can microwave chicken breasts, covered with Parchment Paper, in the Small Ridged Baker, for 5-6 minutes or until 165°F. Cool before dicing.
Pampered Chef Consultant