Here's another microwave recipe for those hot days when you don't want to turn on the oven.
Upside-Down Cherry Cheesecakes
5 tbsp. butter, melted and divided
3 whole graham crackers
5 tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
6 oz. cream cheese
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
1 small pkg (9 oz) white cake mix or 1 2/3 cups white cake mix from a regular-size package
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup canned cherry pie filling, divided
1. Brush sides of wells of Single Servings Pan (or ramekins) with 1 tbsp. of the butter.
2. Process graham crackers in Manual Food Processor until finely chopped. Add 2 tbsp. each of the butter and powdered sugar; process until incorporated. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp. of the crumb mixture into wells of pan; lightly press into bottom using Mini-Tart Shaper. Set pan aside.
3. For filling, microwave cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl, uncovered, on HIGH 10-20 seconds or until slightly softened. Add remaining 3 tbsp. powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp. of the vanilla; mix well.
4. For cake, zest lemon using Microplane® Zester to measure 1 tsp. Combine zest, cake mix, remaining 2 tbsp. butter, remaining 1 tsp. vanilla, sour cream and egg in Classic Batter Bowl. Whisk well. (Batter will be very thick.)
5. Divide batter evenly among wells of pan using Large Scoop.
6. Scoop filling over batter using a level Medium Scoop. Press one cherry from pie filling into bottom of each cake.
7. Microwave on HIGH 4-6 minutes or until tops of cakes appear cooked (edges will still be moist).
8. Carefully loosen sides of cakes with releasing tool. Carefully invert pan (or ramekins) onto flat side of Large Grooved Cutting Board (or individual plates) and let stand 2 minutes.
9. Microwave remaining pie filling in Small Micro-Cooker®, covered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until warm, stirring once.
10. Carefully lift pan (or ramekins) to release cakes. Serve cakes with pie filling.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving: (1 cake): Calories 510, Total Fat 29 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 95 mg,
Sodium 520 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g
© 2013 The Pampered Chef used under license.
Pampered Chef Consultant