Wednesday, June 5, 2013

TRUSTING GOD by Lynda Leeson



Return to your rest, O my soul, 
for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. 
Psalm 116:7 (AMP)

Matthew Henry's commentary explains it this way:  (1.) He will live a life of delight in God (Ps. 116:7): Return unto thy rest, O my soul! [1.] “Repose thyself and be easy, and do not agitate thyself with distrustful disquieting fears as thou hast sometimes done. Quiet thyself, and then enjoy thyself. God has dealt kindly with thee, and therefore thou needest not fear that ever he will deal hardly with thee.”

After leaving Dr Wheeler's office at West Clinic on the 21st, I definitely felt like The Lord had dealt bountifully with me...it could have been soooo much worse. 

"Return to your rest" says to me to continue as I was...resting in Him and His sovereignty over my life and this tacky cancer. After 26 years you'd think I wouldn't still need these refresher courses. Subtle changes in this disease don't affect Him at all.

"The Lord has dealt bountifully (don't you love that word!!!) with you"...to continue with the shots and no additional treatment was such an answer to many prayers. While not much fun, it's certainly "doable."

One of the side effects of Faslodex is fatigue and tiredness. Please pray that I'll get use to it. I'm learning to put my mental list on hold and take advantage of stillness and resting. I believe that brings me back to the beginning of the verse..."return to your rest, O my soul."

What an awesome privilege to be taught these lessons by The Lover of my soul. Never forget He's also the Healer, Redeemer, and Provider.  Smiley face...



No comments:

Post a Comment