Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES by Lynda Leeson


On the morning of the big visit to West Clinic, I awoke with the song "Redeemer" playing in my heart and mind. I didn't think too much about it...just enjoyed that private concert most of the day. My daughter Jinni came to take me to see Dr Wheeler. She was armed with many questions that needed answers. We visited over coffee and, as always, attempted to solve all the world's problems.  

We headed for West Clinic with me feeling a little like a lamb led to slaughter. Waiting is a fine art developed by patients there. I knew that so many of you were praying that day and the power of those prayers was almost palpable.  

With "Redeemer" still playing on my mental radio, I asked Jinni to find it and play it off her phone. Please take time to watch this video by Nicole Mullen.  Girls, we had "church" right there in that waiting room, and no one sitting near us seemed to mind a bit.

THEN GOD broke through with this scripture that became the victory cry of this third journey with this tacky cancer:

Hebrews 7:25 AMP -  "Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them."  

Now, Girls, if my theology is flawed, please correct me gently, but I believe that says that Jesus was and is interceding for ME and YOU and that He would actually have to cease to exist and therefore stop praying for anything to happen that wasn't in line with His perfect will for me in that doctor's office. Therefore, anything that comes to us has to be in agreement with His prayers for us!!! I guess after that revelation and worship in that waiting room, Dr Wheeler could have said he was going to cut off my head and it would have been OK at that moment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment