Tuesday, October 2, 2012

PUMPKIN OATMEAL by Paula Roten

I love everything pumpkin, so when I saw this recipe at allrecipes.com, I knew I had to try it. It is a wonderful breakfast to usher in the fall season. Of course, I changed it a bit, but I think for the better!

Pumpkin Oatmeal  - serves 1 (original recipe can be viewed here)

1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/4 cup + 2 T. milk, or as needed (and you WILL need more milk)
1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/8 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp. cinnamon, or to taste (I used 1/4 tsp.)
Coffee Mate's Italian Sweet Cream liquid creamer, to taste

1.  Mix together oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, adding milk if needed.
2.  Add more milk to achieve the desired consistency and cook for another 30 seconds. 
3.  Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. 
4.  Heat through.
5.  Stir in liquid creamer and heat again if needed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment