Bronze Embellished Initial
This is a Pinterest inspired project that is fairly easy to make. You can use the finished project as a beautiful and inexpensive gift or as a nice addition to your home decor. I gave this example as a wedding gift.
Supplies that you will need:
Paper mache letter - (can be found at most craft stores)
Thick craft glue
White craft paint
Brown shoe polish
Wipe on Polyurethane
Soft cloth - (use something that you don’t mind trashing afterwards)
1. Take the paper mache letter and draw designs on it with your glue. (This is the most time consuming aspect of the project. I think it took about 20 minutes.) Be sure to work top to bottom and left to right so that you don’t smear your glue designs. Don’t worry if you make a mistake, just wipe it off and try again.
2. Let this dry completely. I suggest letting it dry overnight.
4. Allow time to dry. Maybe 20 minutes or so. You’ll know it’s dry
when it doesn’t feel sticky to the touch.
5. Wipe on brown shoe polish (over the entire surface) making sure to get plenty around the glue bumps. If you put too much, you can always wipe the extra off.
6. Allow the shoe polish to dry.
7. Gently wipe on the poly over the entire surface.
9. Add one more coat of wipe on poly.
10. Allow to dry overnight.