I made this for Care Group this past Sunday night, and every bite was gobbled up. Be careful. It's very addictive! The original recipe comes from allrecipes.com.
Classic Caramel Corn
Mazola Pure® Cooking Spray
4 quarts popped popcorn
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
1/2 cup butter OR margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and place in preheated 250 degrees F oven while preparing caramel.
2. Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Boil 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in baking soda and vanilla; mix well.
5. Pour syrup over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.
Caramel Corn Treat Bags is a great Halloween treat for kids. I must admit, though, adults like it too. I carried gummy worms, M & M's, marshmallows, and candy corn for add-ins to Care Group, and they didn't turn them down :)