Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I Surrender All by Kim Wright

God has allowed some hard things into my life lately. Difficult parenting issues, worrisome health issues, and weighty decisions to make…the load has been heavy. I tend to be a worrier, and my mind has been busy, especially at night, trying to fix and manipulate and work out all of these “bumps” in my road. I have to believe I am not alone. Behind the cheery greetings and cute outfits on Sunday mornings, I know there are others in my church family who are carrying heavy burdens as well. Last night, as I was trying to calm my restless spirit, God allowed this verse to leap off of the page and land in my heart. Perhaps it will encourage other “restless souls” as well. 

“So those who suffer according to God’s will should, while doing what is good, entrust themselves to a faithful Creator.”  I Peter 4:19

He created us…and He cares about us. He is faithful. I have experienced His faithfulness over and over again throughout my life. He can be trusted! I must entrust each of these things to His care!

…And then even more encouragement this morning:

“…casting all your care on Him, because He cares about you.”  I Peter 5:7

He can be trusted with these things and people who are precious to me because He cares about me and those that I care about!

“Now the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus will personally restore, establish, strengthen, and support you after you have suffered a little. The dominion belongs to Him forever. Amen.” I Peter 5:10-11

God Most High…our faithful Creator… will reach down and personally restore, establish, strengthen, and support me when I suffer. He will not send someone else. He will personally attend to my needs. What a humbling thought!

The trials are temporary. He is trustworthy. He holds the future in His hands.

“All to Jesus, I surrender, all to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live. I surrender all! I surrender all! All to Thee my blessed Savior, I surrender all!”





No comments:

Post a Comment