Thursday, July 3, 2014

Guacamole My Way by Paula Roten

Anyone who knows me knows I love to cook and that my favorite cooking site is allrecipes.com. In fact, I am a volunteer Allstar Ambassador for this site and enjoy doing projects for them each month. One month, I had to create a recipe using avocados from Mexico. I had eaten a delicious guacamole at my daughter's house one time and asked her to help me recreate it, using exact measurements, instead of a little of this and a little of that as she had done. This is the recipe we came up with, and Avocados from Mexico decided to publish it on the allrecipes site. 

Guacamole My Way

2 avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted and diced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
4 tablespoons finely diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste

1. Combine avocados, tomatoes, onion, garlic and lime juice. Stir well, mashing but leaving some chunks of avocado. Season with salt; stir to combine.
2. Serve immediately or chill for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment