Thursday, July 25, 2013

WHERE IS MY FOCUS by Lynda Leeson

I cut my spiritual worship teeth on Keith Green back in the 70s. Often the Lord will play the words to some hymn that he wrote over and over in my brain to start my thinking in a new direction and most often to bring correction needed in a timely way.  

Satan uses "tacky cancer" to make sure I'm focused on myself and my feelings. In fairness to the old devil, I should say I allow him to direct my focus to ME. I've developed a mental check list to gauge how it's going. Can you breathe well, do you have enough energy, etc...you get the picture.

Yesterday while driving home from church this song started playing again on that mental player and the thought came, "I never feel better than when I am in church." And then the lyrics came, "It's so hard to see when my eyes are on me, guess I'll have to trust and just believe what You say," and that Holy Spirit lightbulb came on. In church I'm focused on Jesus, taught His Word, and entered into His worship with abandon. Oh that I could stay there!  

Philippians 4:8 sums it all up, Friends. I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. 

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace...EVEN TACKY OLD CANCER!!!

Be sure to listen to "Make My Life a Prayer to You" from the album No Compromise and let God speak to your heart through Keith. Check out this video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/GC2vvncga4U




No comments:

Post a Comment