Wednesday, July 31, 2013

HASH BROWN CASSEROLE by Mary Eddins

Here is a hash brown casserole Mary Eddins brought to our summer Bible Study. We all loved it and asked for the recipe. All she would tell us was that we didn't want to know what was in it. I guess she was referring to all the fat and calories in it! As in everything, moderation is the key.

1 lb. package of shredded potatoes (I typically use the whole package which I think is 30 oz.)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz. container of french onion dip (I only used 4 oz of this; for some reason the mixture started to get a little too soupy on me)
1 8 oz. container of sour cream
1 8 oz. package of cheddar cheese (I used 8 oz. mozarella and 4 oz. cheddar)
1 stick of butter, melted (I used only 3/4 of a stick, again, because the mixture was getting soupy)

To take it up a notch, cut up two or three slices of bacon and fry it up. Then pour all the bacon and the drippings into the casserole (and leave the butter in the fridge). This recipe easily doubles if you have a big crowd.

Combine all the ingredients and put in a 9 x 13 in. casserole dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for one hour. 




No comments:

Post a Comment