Our ladies brought appetizers to Bible Study Monday night. We had convenient and delicious KFC chicken wings, pimiento cheese, fruit, and hot spreads. Another night with great variation!
Rotel Cups by Lynda Leeson
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
1 bag bacon pieces
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
3 pkg. mini phyllo pastry cups, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the first 4 ingredients and scoop evenly into the cups.
Place on baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
**can add cooked cut up shrimp, scallops, pepperoni, ham, chicken, or sausage.
Healthier Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
by Paula Roten
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and diced
8 oz. raspberries, cut into fourths (my container had 6 oz.)
1 pound strawberries, diced
3 T. Polaner All Fruit Spread (I used raspberry, but strawberry would be good too)
1-2 bags Stacy's Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips
1. Mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, and strawberries in a bowl.
2. Add in fruit spread and stir well.
3. Serve with the cinnamon and sugar pita chips.
The original, slightly different recipe can be found here at allrecipes.com.
Artichoke Spread by Becky Holt
1 can quartered artichokes, drained well
1 can chopped green chiles, drained well
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. red cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients well.
3. Place in an 8 x 8 square baking dish.
4. Bake until golden brown, approximately 30-35 minutes.
5. Serve with Wheat Thins or toasted bread rounds.