Tuesday, July 16, 2013

VEGETABLES UPDATE

This morning I posted the recipe for Coconut Cake. I'm certain that recipe would work (I've made one before like that). I thought that was what Martha told me, but I later received her written instructions and they are different (I'm a visual person, not auditory). So I am posting what she actually made plus a wonderful veggie salad that Stacy McSpadden brought as well. 

COCONUT CAKE by Martha Stephenson


(1) Duncan Hines White cake mix
(1) Box of instant vanilla pudding
3 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Bake at 350 for 32-34 minutes. Beat together. It will be thick. Put in greased and floured 9x13.
Mix (1) can of Cream of Coconut and (1) can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk.

Poke holes in hot cake and pour in holes.

Allow to cool completely.

Top with 8 oz. of extra creamy Cool Whip and sprinkle with 12 oz of flaked coconut.



SUMMER SALAD by Stacy McSpadden

(1) Fresh Zucchini-peeled
(1) Fresh Squash-peeled
(1) Cucumber-peeled
(1) Red Bell Pepper
(1) Yellow Bell Pepper
(1) Red Onion
(1) pint of Grape Tomatoes
(4) sticks of low fat string cheese-sliced in circles
(1) bottle of Fat Free Italian Dressing
6 oz. diced black olives

Dice all the veggies and cut the grape tomatoes in half. Add the olives. Marinate in Italian Dressing over night. Before serving, drain as much of the dressing off as possible and add string cheese.
I put this in My Fitness Pal and came up with 35 calories per 1/2 cup serving!




No comments:

Post a Comment