Friday, April 19, 2013

PRAYER JOURNAL by Cathy Westmoreland

I am blessed to be able to serve as a Sunday School teacher for the third and fourth graders at our church. I feel a great responsibility serving, praying, and loving on these wonderful children. I sometimes feel very selfish because I receive so many blessings from working with them. I get more than I give. As I pray and prepare each week, I often learn new things God wants to teach me. I also see the excitement in the faces of the children as they share about new things they are learning. This year we started keeping a prayer journal. Every Sunday morning we write down each prayer request, and before the hour is over, we pray over them. About every third week, we turn back the pages and look at the previous prayer requests. The excitement comes when one of the children tells the class how God has answered his/her prayer. WOW! It's great being with children that are praying for their families, friends, and church and seeing their faces as they realize that their wonderful Heavenly Father has answered another prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment