Thursday, April 11, 2013

CONFESSIONS OF A RELUCTANT WIDOW by Lynda Leeson


Philippians 4:13 Amplified Bible (AMP) - I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [a]infuses inner strength into me; I am [b]self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].

Psalm 18:31-33 (AMP) - For who is God except the Lord? Or who is the Rock save our God, The God who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect? He makes my feet like hinds’ feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places.

On dumpster days God shines forth around here. I have a terrible habit of putting more in the trash bag holder than I can lift or carry. Each time I quote Philippians 4:13 and ask Jesus to help me, and He has every time. Today, however, was vastly different. He performed a literal miracle in my kitchen.

The trash compactor only needs to be emptied every 4-6 weeks since I'm alone, but it gets very heavy. I had a cardboard box that would hold the bag so I took it in and placed it beside the compactor in case the bag tore. The bag was extremely heavy, but I did manage to get it out and into the box. Then the box was too heavy to move or pick up.

Prayer Time!!! I dragged the box to the back door...and realized I was now pulling with only ONE hand. The box became lighter and lighter, and I was able to put it in the dumpster. Wow!!!

My kitchen has become a cathedral of praise many times since John went to be with Jesus, and today was certainly one of those days. What a God!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment