Thursday, April 18, 2013

A TIMELY, FAITHFUL GOD STORY by Lynda Leeson


At the end of January, I got a frantic call from my sweet granddaughter needing to borrow $400 for car repairs and she needed it yesterday. Thankfully, I was waiting at West Clinic for my shot. Afterwards, I simply wheeled into the post office, purchased a greeting card, wrote the check, and mailed it to Erin in Paducah, KY.

Guess what?!? After 5 days the check still hadn't arrived. We're talking 3.5 hours straight up Highway 51. So reluctantly, I dropped another check in the mail. 

I'm an old bookkeeper by profession and I don't like loose ends...however...I like bank fees even less. At this point I felt the real need for Divine intervention (I am such a slowwwwww learner).  I prayed that I would have favor with my bank and that Jesus would show me eventually where the first check was. Bingo...my nice banker waived the fee and stopped payment on the check. Second check arrived in 2 days and the crisis was abated.

Remember the second part of that prayer? No? Me neither. Until this morning. About 8:30 I received a call from Jim at the Southaven post office. He was very nice and apologetic in telling me that he was cleaning his work area and found a greeting card containing (drum roll inserted here) a check for $400. Y'all know me well enough by now to know I had to tell him the whole story. He is a believer and was so blessed by the faithfulness of God to answer my prayer. We had mini church right there on the phone.

In these days of bombs in our city streets, poison mail to our leaders, and crises of every kind in our own church and community, it is overwhelmingly comforting to know that the Lord not only heard my prayer in January but answered every detail on April 17, 2013. I hope that assures each of you how mindful He is of our every need and His eager willingness to meet that need no matter how small. He's just plain faithful!!!

Mark 4:22 (AMP)
22 [ Things are hidden temporarily only as a means to revelation.] For there is nothing hidden except to be revealed, nor is anything [temporarily] kept secret except in order that it may be made known.

1 Corinthians 4:6 (AMP)
6 Now I have applied all this [about parties and factions] to myself and Apollos for your sakes, brethren, so that from what I have said of us [as illustrations], you may learn [to think of men in accordance with Scripture and] not to go beyond that which is written, that none of you may be puffed up and inflated with pride and boast in favor of one [minister and teacher] against another.

By the way...nice Jim from Southaven PO is mailing me the card today...any guesses on how long that might take???  






No comments:

Post a Comment