Thursday, April 4, 2013

GOING DEEPER by Vicki Taylor


In the past month, I have been on an emotional roller coaster. Several things have been going on in my life, and I feel the Lord is leading me in a direction that I have been resisting. And believe me, that’s enough to make one emotional. You cannot run from what God will have you to do. In order to get my act together, I did something during the Holidays that I never do…I took time off. That’s right, I took vacation to spend time at home (where I love to be) to read, spend time with the Lord, and find out just what He is wanting me to do. Hold on with me because it’s going to be a ride.

I feel the Lord calling me to go deeper with Him. I know I can hear you saying, “Deeper?” That’s what I said. Then I read something my friend Chuck Swindall said… “That which is “deep” in God communicates to that which is “deep” in nature (that caught my attention being a gardener) and that brings about change.” I’m beginning to see why I have been resisting His call to go deeper. Chuck goes on to say, “It happens all around us, and most often we do not even notice. This “deep” in God calls to the “deep” in the trees in the fall, and their leaves begin to change into beautiful colors. The “deep” in God calls to the “deep” in the salmon, and millions travel back over many miles to spawn, and many die in the process.”

The Psalmist says in Psalm 42:7 “Deep calls to deep…” It’s the deep place, deep within us, deep in our foundation where we have our heart anchored to Christ, where our soul is. Deep in our inner being where God speaks, where He communicates with us Spirit to Spirit. That’s where He’s calling me to be with Him. In the deep quiet where I don’t hear anything but His voice in order to grab hold of the deep truths He wants me to learn.  

Am I ready? Honestly, I don’t know. What I do know is that change is usually painful, and I really don’t like pain. As a matter of fact, I usually run from it. Remember… I like comfortable! But we are not here to be comfortable. We are here for His glory and that means growth and growth means change, sometimes “deep” change. How can I know Him more if I do not go deeper with Him and get to know Him more?  Well, I can’t. And honestly, I don’t want to miss being with Him. He pulls at the longing in my heart to know Him more, and that is what I desire to do, go deeper, know Him more.  

In order to do that, I have to spend more time with Him. Put away the things of this world that do not matter and settle down and put my focus on Him. Quit resisting, and weed through all the earthly distractions that the enemy throws in my face. Learn to reorganize my life and my time to center it around His timetable for me. Yes, I do want to go deeper and see where and what He has for me…I want to know Him more, I want to be so sensitive to His voice that I will be able to hear it above all the noise pollution in this fallen world. I desire Him to be so deep in my heart that it beats for His glory and not my own. Now that’s deep!

Just in case you are wondering, I am not there yet. We are all a work in progress. What I do know is that I am in Christ and all God’s promises for me are “yes” in Christ, every single one of them!!! So if God wants me to go deeper, then deeper I will go with Him. Because He is not going to allow me to go alone…He will be with me…deeper still.





No comments:

Post a Comment