Friday, November 23, 2012

THANK YOU by Tony Manley



As a follower and devoted member of the Broadway women’s blog Refresh, I have to say “thank you.” This past month I have quickly gone to the blog so I can get to know another’s heart.  I have heard young, old, mothers, singles, empty nesters, “boot camper”- young mothers, hurting, joyful, quiet, verbal hearts and any other adjective one can throw in the mix!

I am fortunate to be a member of this particular body of women. As an older “girl,” I have watched many of the writers’ lives over the past years. The truth of their words, the faith of their hearts, the hurts, hopes, and joys of their experiences as they are living for Christ on this side of heaven have given me great encouragement! I am blessed to live in this community of sisters who express transparency and desire to be more like Christ. Each is a teacher in the good times, weak moments, and needy chapters of life! Truly, this is a picture of the family of God learning to live well together.

Sometimes life is so fast and spread out that sitting and lingering with others’ hearts is almost impossible! I am thankful this blog lets me get to know a glimpse of women’s hearts that I only see from a distance and wonder who they are and how they are doing. I have loved hearing the eloquent expression of each heart (I do love words a lot!). This blog has given me cause to smile more, pray more, and desire more to know others in my walk with Christ. 

As I prepare for a more intense few weeks in the holiday season, I look forward to who and what the blog will share…recipes, lessons, scriptures, needs, hopes, joys, hurts…whatever shows up daily (and trust me, I check it), I am thankful the post will be one that is useful to this heart! 

“Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.”  Ps. 105:1-4




No comments:

Post a Comment