Tuesday, March 27, 2012

SUPER BOWL BITES by Paula Roten

This past week at Care Group, I served Super Bowl Bites, a recipe I got from my favorite food site allrecipes.com. I was really surprised that 24 of these slider-style burgers fed 10 adults! I also served chips and dip and a fruit tray.


Super Bowl Bites


1 lb. ground beef chuck*
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese**
1 package dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 T. mayonnaise
2 packages Hawaiian Rolls (24 rolls in all)


1. Mix together ground chuck, cheddar cheese, dry soup mix, and mayo.
2. Split rolls and place bottoms on a baking sheet.
3. Spread meat mixture evenly over bottoms of buns. Place tops on and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.


*Ground chuck produces less grease, so the bottoms of buns will not be soggy.
**I have found that these are better if you grate your own block of cheese (even though the original recipe calls for an 8 oz. package of shredded cheese)





No comments:

Post a Comment