Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PINK...IT'S SO SPRING by Stacy McSpadden

So I have been reading through the recent issues of some of my favorite design magazines to see what the Spring trends are, and I have found that it is pink.  Pink is everywhere and since I love bright shades of pink, this is right up my alley.  I know some of you are thinking that your significant others are going to be opposed to this girly hue, but let me say to you what I say to those husbands that I know well...He doesn't get a vote when it comes to the house!!!  Ha ha!!!

We jumped on the pink bandwagon at the store this season.  We recently got these chairs in stock and I love them.  They can be used with neutrals and yellows and with the right pillows on the sofa, can really make an impact in your room.  It is best to invest in one piece and some accessories that are trendy so that you can move forward to the next trend.  





The following are three rooms that I found in House Beautiful magazine.  I love the way they incorporated pinks throughout the house.  I especially love the porch area.  It is so fun and looks great with the fresh flowers and greens that we see in our yards for this time of year.  



You can see that they left the big pops of pink in the dining chairs.  Now most of us don't have fully upholstered dining chairs, but if you have the easy kind that you can recover with your staple gun, then you can make this easy change.  I love the pink flowers on the table.  So fun.


                                   
Now this is taking pink to the extreme and I don't know that I would paint my walls pink, but I love the combination of the neutral bedding with the green and pink.  



I absolutely love this.  And many of you have white wicker stashed away in your attic.  This is the perfect example of pulling pink in an area in a simple and inexpensive way.  Several fabric lines now carry really fun outdoor fabrics and any upholsterer can make a cushion.  Find a fun tablecloth and you have a great, inexpensive, yet trendy porch.  Looks great with all the greens that are outside!

The key is that you don't have to invest a lot to have a really fun and trendy room.  Just a little imagination and thrifty shopping will do.  Until next week....Happy decorating!


                                          

In Him,

Stacy 


Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515


No comments:

Post a Comment