Wednesday, March 14, 2012

CHEVRON STRIPE...WAIT, AREN'T YOU JUST A ZIG ZAG? by Stacy McSpadden

The Chevron Stripe.  One of the hottest trends in home design and fashion this year.  We started seeing these zigs zags a lot over the past year, and they are becoming more visible by the season.  I started thinking of places that I may have seen this little fashion statement in the past, and one of the people who made this so popular is our good friend Charlie Brown.
Who can forget this awkward little guy and his famous yellow shirt with what I would have always called the "zig zag" stripe, but little did I know this was my first introduction to the Chevron Stripe.

I was in a fabric store this afternoon and there were Chevron Stripes all over the place.  The question is, with all its popularity, how can I use this little treasure in my home furnishings?  I believe in the less is more theory with this pattern.  I think if you do a whole room in the Chevron pattern, then you may get a headache from all the busyness.  I think that Chevron Stripes are best used in small doses, like a pillow or rug.  It is alway nice to mix your patterns up, so the addition of something other than a plaid or straight stripe can be fun!  Here are some examples of what to do to introduce this fun trend. 

           

          

Use the Chevron Stripe to really introduce color and have a lot of fun with it!!!  Happy Decorating!!!!!

                                                               

Stacy

Stacy McSpadden

Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515



No comments:

Post a Comment