Thursday, March 1, 2012

I ADMIT IT...I AM A CHEATER by Tony Manley

Don’t get alarmed…I fight guilt, but at the same time I am excited! Let me explain… 

I am involved in the James Monday night Bible Study, and I am loving it so much, that I have lost my place because I have gone too many weeks ahead!  Now, I am not saying any of this because I am some super spiritual woman, but because I am dying to know NOW what the next part says or is about!  There are times the heart needs to know what the heart needs to know right now, and this is one of those times for me. You see, I love anything about the mouth, the mind, and the freedom that come from doing “it” God’s way.  I am going to spill a little of what is to come (we all tend to perk up in the areas we are passionate about).  

We have so many chapters of womanhood around us (college, singleness, newly married or parenting, teen parenting, adulthood, empty nests, senior days).  The Word ministers to us completely in all of our areas, but I have to admit, I am partial to the mouth, heart/thoughts, and how all these scriptures tie into relationships!  This morning was all about the fresh water and the bitter water that spring from the same mouth…this shouldn’t be. This resonated with me so strongly because I was in a setting this weekend that involved a book that is being taught to a faculty about their words coming from their heart.  The title is War of Words by Paul Tripp. (Yes, I came home and have ordered it - good ole Amazon.com)  Essentially, the book addresses the truth that words are just a reflection of the heart. Isn’t that what Jesus said? 


“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.” Luke 6:45      

Yikes, tell me how you really feel! 

In the Bible Study homework (on whatever week and day it is), Beth Moore shares that we all have areas that are always on our heart usually because we have either hurt in that area or been hurt in said area.  I admit words have been one of my greatest loves and one of my greatest enemies.  I love stories, conversations, hearts being spilled – and I truly want to live consistently with the purity of clean water coming out of my mouth.  Which leads me back, as always, to my heart!

I think this is one of the greatest reasons I love Jesus as a teacher. He always goes for the heart. And even better than that, He always goes for MY heart! Enough words for now!

Thank you Jesus that you love me so much you want to clean, change, mold, break, and use my heart so that my words reflect You and bring You glory.  Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment