Thursday, March 8, 2012

LIFT THE FACE by Tony Manley

When I am in a situation, everyone around me is in that situation!  For example, if I decide to change my eating habits (isn’t this code for diet), then my family will be made to change their eating habits.  I tell this because Monday night at Bible study, yes, the James study (this is why I told you the first sentence, if I am going to be taught the book of James, I will bring you into it with me :), the word favoritism was defined as “lift the face.”  Now, I want you to know I immediately took a field trip on those three words “lift the face.”  You see, I can be guilty of standing in the face cream aisle and hoping to find the one true promise of “lift the face.”  So, needless to say I was brought back to reality when she began to teach what favoritism really means - “lift the face” - and believe me, it had nothing to do with firming or unwrinkling the face.  What an encouragement to know we can actually be better than any face cream!  We have the ability to “lift the face” or in my translation “lift the heart” of another!  To be “lifted” is always a blessing.  I pass so many hearts everyday and rarely do I know what is in that person’s heart at that moment.  Because I am either too busy, preoccupied, or even uncaring, I miss the magic of “lifting a heart/face.” Because of this truth, I am now more attuned to an area of my day I may have never even thought about.  I think the Holy Spirit said to me, “Pay attention! There are many ministering moments you can experience if you will be sensitive to the hearts/faces I bring your way!”  I am so grateful for “tweets” from God (short messages with meaning :)  Don’t you know it is a joy to Him when He gives us a nugget of truth and we act on it…hmmm, sounds like the one who doesn’t forget what he sees when he looks into the perfect law of liberty – he acts on it and is changed (not just penetrated with truth, but actually activated/changed)…I told you in the beginning, if I am going there, I will take you with me!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment