Monday, April 28, 2014

Word for the Week

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, 
and there are no grapes on the vines; 
even though the olive crop fails, 
and the fields lie empty and barren; 
even though the flocks die in the fields, 
and the cattle barns are empty, 
yet I will rejoice in the Lord! 
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
Habakkuk 3:17-18

"Focus on your faith, not the missing pieces." - Jennifer Rothschild

I had only heard about you before, 
but now I have seen you with my own eyes. 
Job 42:5

"It was through the missing pieces that Job saw God." - Jennifer Rothschild

Do as Habakkuk did and make out an "even though" list. Even though _____________ happens, I will still rejoice in you, God, and I will be joyful in You! I will trust You and not be mad at you for not doing what I think you ought.




No comments:

Post a Comment