Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dressing Your Bed for Spring by Stacy McSpadden

Can Spring get here already? I don't know about all of you, but I am ready for some sunshine and warmer temps! The thought of Spring inspires me to make changes in my home. This Spring I am focusing on a new look for my bathroom and bedroom. I am really into a clean, fresh look with lots of whites and pops of color. When my bathroom is done, I may post a before and after pic, but only if it turns out right!  

When a co-worker and I were in Atlanta in January, we saw these fresh, clean looks throughout the showrooms. The best colors for spring were corals and blues popped on shades of solid colors. Solid linens are so easy to find and relatively inexpensive. They are very versatile and can change with the seasons. You can put warmer fall hues on your bed with a couple of throw pillows and then freshen it up in spring the same way. Don't be fooled into thinking every piece on the bed has to be changed to follow the seasons. A pillow or neat throw will do the trick.  

Happy Spring!




Stacy McSpadden
Interior Designer and Store Manager
Chestnut Hall Fine Furniture and Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515 phone
901.756.1966 fax



No comments:

Post a Comment