Friday, December 13, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree by Cathy Westmoreland

When you look at your Christmas tree, what do you see? I see a teaching tool. A Christmas tree is a wonderful way to share Jesus with children. Let me explain.

The green tree reminds me of Jesus being our creator and Savior. He created the beautiful world we live in. He is our tree of life. He died on wood from a tree so that we might have life if we accept Him as our Savior.

The tree stand reminds me that if we would just place ourselves in His hands, He will keep us firmly in His grip.

The lights remind me that HE is the light of the world.

The garland and ribbons going around the tree remind me that He wraps His arms around us in love.

The ornaments are each special and unique, just like each of us. Some are big, some are small, some are old and some are new. They come in different colors and even different weights!

The angels on my tree remind me of that special night in Bethlehem when they brought the good news to the shepherds. Jesus is our Good News!

The star on the tree reminds me of the star that shone over Jesus when He was born and that He is the Bright and Shining Star.

The presents under the tree remind me that I already have the greatest gift of all, Jesus.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment