Saturday, November 19, 2011

WE CAN TRUST THROUGH LOSS by Vicki Taylor

I have seen the Church body working together in the past few weeks as we have watched a dear family suffer loss.  We grieve and groan with them as they walk through this tragedy, lifting them up to the Savior and loving Father.  We know that “all things work together for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.”  But we see no purpose, no plan, and no good thing coming from this.  It is at times like this that we have to “know” what we believe in and trust in that belief.  I know my Heavenly Father has my best interest in His hand. Psalm 73:23-26 states “Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? The earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

At times of great trials, we must allow our roots to go down deep into the soil of what we believe and bear fruit above.  Others will come to know Him by the pain our fruit produces.  When our faith is stretched by the pain of our circumstances, we learn to trust in Him and not in our own understanding.  We will learn to develop an eye to see God working in us even in our darkest hour.  Our “Why, God?” will become “Why not, God?”  Our lives will be different, and our fruit will begin to ripen.  Others will see us differently also. 

I told a friend not too long ago that I desire to get to the place in my life that when trials and hardships come (and they will come), I want to be able to thank Him for them.  But most of all, I want to learn to be able to rejoice and praise Him in them.  Can I count it all joy when trials and hardships come like James 1?  Honestly, I don’t know.

We are all a work in process and God is not finished with the work He began in us yet.  But He did say He would never leave us nor forsake us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment