Wednesday, November 23, 2011

DISCOVERING YOUR STYLE by Stacy McSpadden

Meet my new friend...Pinterest

A couple of months ago, a former client of mine and her daughter were in the store buying a bench for the daughter's new home.  They told me they had seen a similar bench used in an entry hall on Pinterest.  I looked at them and said, "OK.  What's Pinterest?"  They looked at me with shock and disbelief because it seemed that I had asked such a ridiculous question.  They tried to explain it to me, but it was the end of the day and I am not the most creative or thoughtful at 5:00.  A couple of days later, I was sitting in bed looking at Facebook (a major time waster as so many of us know) and saw that someone had posted something from this Pinterest.  I decided to look at the sight and check it out for myself.

What you need to know about Pinterest is that you have to ask to be a part of the network or someone has to invite you to join.  I requested an invite and a few minutes later I was up and going.  It takes a little while to figure out what to do or where to look, but once you get it, watch out.  It's addictive!  But my theory on Pinterest is that it is a more creative way to spend your time than reading Facebook or watching t.v.

Pinterest is a great way to help you "Discover Your Style."  You can see lots of great ideas that your friends may be posting or even search for interior design on the site.  If you follow me, I try to keep up with designers such as Lillian August, Bunny Williams, and Charles Faudree.  I also follow several interior designers that I know, and it is always fun to see what others who work in my industry are liking.  If you are trying to figure out what direction you would like to take your home, I suggest becoming a part of the Pinterest community.  Repin the looks that interest you and take it from there!  If you are interested in the site, let me know and I will send you an invite.





I hope you all have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving, and let me know how Pinterest is going for you!!!

In Him,
Stacy








Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515
stacy@chestnuthall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment