Monday, May 19, 2014

Word for the Week

But encourage one another daily, 
as long as it is called Today, 
so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 
Hebrews 3:13

The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:16b

I experienced these verses first-hand yesterday as a friend looked into my eyes and asked me how I was doing, then listened intently, cried for me, and then prayed with me. And the crazy thing is that her prayer was just like mine lately...she had no clue how to pray...she had no words to formulate what she didn't know how to pray for. Yet this prayer was so encouraging to me. I was reminded of that scripture in Romans 8:26-27 that tells us the Holy Spirit intercedes for us when we don't know how to pray or what to pray for. 

Who needs your prayers today? It may just make a huge difference in their life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment