Monday, May 5, 2014

Word for the Week

Are you in a dark, lonely place lately? Do you, like the Sons of Korah, say...
(you have) covered us over with a deep darkness...
Why do you hide your face and 
forget our misery and oppression?
Psalm 44:19, 24

In the dark, I can feel alone but my feelings offer no reliable confirmation that I actually am alone.

If someone tells me they are there, then I just have to trust they are. Accepting God's omnipresence is a matter of faith; it's that simple...and it's that hard.

Am I a God who is only close at hand? says the Lord. 
"No, I am far away at the same time. 
Can anyone hide from me in a secret place? 
Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?" 
says the Lord.
Jeremiah 23:23-24

In Acts 17:28, Paul describes the ever present God this way: 
In Him we live and move and exist.

Let's not trust our feelings today, but let's trust a God who cannot lie.

~ taken from day 1, week 3 of Jennifer Rothschild's Missing Pieces: Real Hope When Life Doesn't Make Sense




No comments:

Post a Comment