Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Super Smoothie by Paula Roten


I find that I like to drink smoothies more as summer approaches and the weather gets warm. They make delicious, refreshing, and often low calorie breakfasts and snacks. 

I was a little hesitant to even try this particular smoothie. I usually drink fruit smoothies, with an occasional handful of spinach thrown in for good measure. But I had never put cucumber in one. I discovered the cucumber gives the smoothie such a refreshing quality. Perfect for cooling off on a hot, sweaty day.

Super Smoothie - 4 servings (but I think 2)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sliced banana
1/2 cup sliced peeled cucumber                                                   1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup crushed ice, or as needed

Blend blueberries, banana, cucumber, water, and yogurt together in a blender until smooth. Add crushed ice and blend until smooth.




No comments:

Post a Comment