Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Breakfast Spinach Smoothie by Kim Wright

When my spin instructor at the DAC talked about her kids loving this healthy smoothie, I knew I had to give it a try! The name and the bright green color may scare them a bit, but it honestly tastes like a banana shake. Even my veggie haters like it! My 5 year old even requested it for breakfast this morning! It’s a great way to start the day!


Breakfast Spinach Smoothie

1 packet Nestle Carnation instant breakfast-vanilla flavor
1 c. fresh spinach
½ tsp flax seed
½ tsp wheat germ
1 c. milk
1 frozen banana

Place all in the blender and blend until desired consistency.

(Note: no need to let fresh spinach go bad. Measure desired amounts, put in baggies, and freeze. You can still use it for smoothies, even sauces like spinach alfredo sauce!)



No comments:

Post a Comment