Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Word Fitly Spoken by Paula Roten

My sister and I have been taking turns staying with my sick Mother since the beginning of this year, helping care for her. During this time we've also done some cleaning...the dusting and vacuuming kind, but also the tossing of old bills and papers. One time when I was cleaning out a small cabinet, I discovered a card my mother had kept. It had been sent by one of my friends in 2007, a year after my daddy died. She had expressed how she was thinking about and praying for my mom during that difficult one year anniversary of my daddy's home-going and how my mother was a role model for her. 

I texted my friend to let her know that Mother had kept that card for 7 years and how grateful I was she had sent it! I had never seen it until last week. How much it must have ministered to my mother at the time...and did again when I read it to her the day I found it!

I need to be better about sending cards to people or calling them and encouraging them. What about you? We just never know what our words will mean to them at just the right time...or even 7 years later.

A word fitly spoken and in due season is like apples of gold in settings of silver. Proverbs 25:11

...a word spoken at the right moment - how good it is! Proverbs 15:23b

The Lord has given me the tongue of a disciple and of one who is taught, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He wakens me morning by morning, He wakens me to hear as a disciple [as one who is taught]. Isaiah 50:4






No comments:

Post a Comment