Tuesday, January 29, 2013
CHICKEN-SAUSAGE-WHITE BEAN STEW by Brenda Riden
More winter comfort food, even though today's high is supposed to be 75!
Chicken-Sausage-White Bean Stew
Makes 8 servings
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cans (19 oz each) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired
1. Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add sausage; cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Place sausage in slow cooker.
4. Add remaining ingredients except chicken and rosemary sprigs; mix well.
5. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 hours 30 minutes.
6. Stir chicken into stew. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer.
7. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Pampered Chef Consultant