Thursday, February 2, 2012

WHAT THE HEART KNOWS BY HEART IS WHAT THE HEART KNOWS by Tony Manley

Isn’t that great?!  I love that statement, especially since a big principle in my classroom is “if you know it, you should be able to tell me about it.”  So, if my heart knows “it,” shouldn’t my heart show what it knows?

I love the way God teaches.  Kind of like having a favorite   teacher – that teacher  always made me feel valued, he/she enjoyed communicating the information/subject, I didn’t feel “dumb” when I didn’t get it, and I was drawn to the subject as a result of the teacher’s love for the subject and for me!  Isn’t this God as a teacher?  I truly believe he wants my heart to know by heart what He wants my heart to know!!! (Process this sentence slowly, and it will make sense :)

Just think, if I really know what God wants me to know to the degree I think, respond, or act His way in the moment of crisis/decision, wouldn’t that affirm that I know by heart what God wants my heart to know?

I do not have to blink about certain pieces of information in my life because I know them by heart.  But other information, I must check, copy, or look up to validate. Then there is the level of information that I just cannot wrap my mind around because it is not real to me or in my heart and mind.

Here are some areas that God is working with me to learn by heart so that my heart goes to that information immediately.
1.    the fruit of the Spirit
2.    the importance of my thought life
3.    the joy of dying to self
4.    the necessity of time with the Lord in the Word and prayer

Relationships and circumstances are what God uses on this side of heaven to conform us into the image of Christ. I want to know by heart these four areas so that I show that I know my heart knows! (Trust me; it makes sense if you process it slowly :)



No comments:

Post a Comment