Wednesday, February 8, 2012

PILLOWS, PLEASE by Stacy McSpadden

Pillows.  Those little pieces of heaven on earth that welcome us to rest every night when we climb into beds after a long day.  As I am writing this, I am lying in bed surrounded by the obnoxious amount of pillows I require for a good night's rest.  Pillows are one of the biggest assets that we have in our arsenal of decorating delights.

Pillows are the easiest (and dare I say, cheapest) way to change the total look of our bed, sofa, or chair.  If you are a seamstress, then sewing four straight seams is simple.  They don't require much fabric, yet have a huge impact on the overall feel of your room.  Pillows were my Market "buzzword" in January.  I was determined to find fresh and exciting pillow lines for the store. The problem was that I liked so many!

We traditionally had only carried needlepoint and petit point pillows in the past, and honestly, while they still have their place in the decorating landscape, I am tired of them.  I wanted to find something fun and fresh (and well-priced wouldn't hurt either!) Our CFO, Janet, that was traveling with me, spotted a fun new pillow line that totally fit our expectations.  We received them last week and I am in love!

                                
I love the combination of patterns and colors. Most of these are done in linens and crewels, so they offer a different texture for your room too.

We also found another line at the end of our trip that I fell in love with!  There weren't many choices, but the simple offerings were divine!  We haven't received these yet, but I know that they will live up to all of our expectations!  See the one with the red circle that is really bright?  Yeah, that may be Chez Stace when it comes in!


The most important thing to remember when purchasing pillows is to get down or down essence pillow stuffers.  Poly-fill forms tend to lose their shape very quickly and look old and tired.  You can totally change the look of a sofa or even a whole room with a pillow upgrade!  I will try to show you more pillows as they come in over the next few weeks!  Until then...Happy Decorating!


In Him,

Stacy




Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515




No comments:

Post a Comment