Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MORE FROM MARKET...LAND OF LINENS by Stacy McSpadden

One of the main objectives that I had on my trip to Atlanta was to research trends in bedding, pillows, and textiles.  Fabrics are one of my favorite things about interior design, so shopping for everything that involves fabric was really fun for me.  Everyone has their own idea of what their bedroom should look like.  Your bedroom should be a haven for you to enjoy at the end of your day.  Whether it is small, like my bedroom, or very large with enough room for a sitting area, the bed linens are the defining factor in the bedroom.

There was one common theme in all the bedding showrooms - soft and soothing.  I chose to use a lot of color in my room almost 7 years ago, and frankly, I am tired of it.  I loved the looks of soft blues and whites.  These colors work with iron and wood beds alike.  I liked this bed because it incorporated a soft palate with a large ikat pattern.

                
If you are thinking you need more color and your room needs a dressier fabric, then the following bed might be the look for you. The combination of bold red suzani medallions with the neutral ground make a great compromise.  This bed has a great look for the more formal bedroom.  The fabric of this duvet is silk.  And for those husbands who don't want to sleep in a bedroom full of flowers, this is a great look!


The last looks were really fun for the young at heart.  Bright, bold color is still all the rage for the teenage girl.  The patterns have changed somewhat, but the hues are the same.  And the busier the better.  I like the combination of different patterns on this bed.


And last, but not least, I have more clients come in trying to figure out what to do with their son's room.  Of course, most boys could care less about their bedding, but their moms usually do!  I thought that this was really fun.  I love the combination of plaids with traditional masculine colors.  Even though I prefer the softer looks for myself, this was one of my favorite beds that we saw in Atlanta!


Remember that your bedroom should be the room in your home that most effectively defines you and your lifestyle.  There are no rights or wrongs in the different looks.  Find what makes you happy and go with it!  Sleep tight!!!

In Him,

Stacy



Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515
stacy@chestnuthall.com





No comments:

Post a Comment