I discovered this recipe by SouthernPlate. Delicious!
1 cup instant brown rice (or two cups cooked brown rice)
5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup sliced green onion
3 tablespoons soy sauce
To serve: Sesame oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, and garlic salt (optional)
1. Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook eggs, stirring until scrambled. Remove eggs from pan; wipe pan.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together remaining 3 teaspoons oil, chicken, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, approximately 4 minutes.
4. Add sesame oil, cooked rice, and peas to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Gently stir in eggs, carrots, green onion, soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp. garlic salt. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with sesame oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, and garlic salt, if desired (we just serve it as is).
Serve hot and enjoy!
This makes just enough for 4 people but I've found that it doesn't really cost me more to double the recipe, so I usually do!
Pampered Chef Consultant