Friday, January 31, 2014

Too Marvelous for Words by Lynda Leeson


Last Sunday when Stephen began to lead us in worship with this song  (http://youtu.be/d0Qx1e33Ook), I was transported in mind and spirit to Abundant Life Church, St Louis, MO, to the year 1988. John and I were standing arm in arm supporting each other when our dear friend Janie Plante walked to the grand piano and sang this song for the first time in our hearing. I felt we might Rapture then and there.  

The Lord had proven Himself to be TOO MARVELOUS FOR WORDS many times in the months leading up to this special Sunday. We were transferred from sunny southern California to St. Louis the previous spring and had faced more obstacles and trials than we could comprehend. John's company had called 140 employees into the atrium to announce the closing of the St. Louis office. Lots of luck...see ya!

My former husband and the father of two of my children had taken his own life. Devastating to all.

The IRS seemed determined to force John into bankruptcy in spite of many offers in compromise...all rejected.

I had undergone surgery for breast cancer and we were dealing with the 50-60% recovery diagnosis. Our church had fasted and prayed during Thanksgiving for the bone marrow biopsy and The Lord had shown Himself strong to all of us with a negative report. TOO MARVELOUS FOR WORDS.  

Twenty-six years later I find myself more than ever standing in awe of Him...my Advocate, Provider, and Healer. Sure...things have changed a lot, but He hasn't. John was hired by his client and enjoyed the best job ever. We moved to sunny Fair Oaks Ranch and enjoyed 13 of our happiest years. When his health declined, we moved here and joined the sweetest people ever at Broadway Baptist Church. That "tacky cancer" still roams around in my body, but is powerless to overcome me without His permission. TOO MARVELOUS FOR WORDS.

I borrowed this from The Daily Encourager:
We all face times of great trouble. When we do, it is so easy to forget the victories that God would work in our lives, sometimes in the most surprising ways, if we would only trust him. Nehemiah reminded the people of Israel when they faced the task of rebuilding Jerusalem, "In God we will have success!"  (Nehemiah 2:20)  

TOO MARVELOUS FOR WORDS  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment